DTE Energy Customers May be Eligible for FREE Furnace Tune-Up
With freezing temperatures that have finally descended upon us, it’s important to make sure your furnace is functioning properly. Habitat for Humanity has a great program that may allow you to test and tune your furnace and even replace it at a reduced cost if needed.
While Manchester Village and Township are serviced by Consumers, parts of Freedom, Bridgewater and Sharon Township are serviced by DTE and have eligible customers,
- You must be a resident of Washtenaw County, Michigan.
- You must be a homeowner in an owner-occupied, detached, single family home. Rental units are not eligible. Mobile home units are not eligible. Multiple-residence structures, including condominiums, are not eligible.
- You must be a DTE residential gas and electric customer, and submit a copy of your most recent DTE bill.
- You must not have had a furnace tune-up through a DTE program within the previous five years.
- You must have a furnace and not a boiler
- You must participate in one of the following low-income programs: LIHEAP, FAP, SSI, SER, AFDC, TANF, WAP, THAW, or WIC …OR… your annual household pre-tax income must be no more than the maximum in the chart below for your family size
Household Size – Maximum Annual Income
1 – $46,100
2 – $52,650
3 – $59,250
4 – $65,800
5 – $71,100
6 – $76,350
7 – $81,600
8 – $86,900
If you or someone you know is having trouble with their furnace and you think they may be eligible for the Habitat program please spread the word. A home without heat can be dangerous when temperatures are as low as they are this week.
Apply at www.HabitatFurnace.org or by clicking HERE or contact Gretchen at email@example.com or 734-730-9441.