Community Education Spring Offerings
Community Education Spring Offerings
Manchester Community Education is preparing to wrap up their 2015-16 school year and working toward planning summer programming. Following are some of their upcoming classes/events:
- Monday, April 18, from 7-9pm, Melissa Katke will offer another Cricut 101 class for scrapbooking enthusiasts who are excited to have one of these crafty machines but want more ‘hands on’ information on how to use it. The first offering of this class focused on the Cricut Expression machine and received great reviews. This time the class will cover the basics of Cricut Explore (Air and One) and Cricut Design Space. You will start with initial set up of your machine and move into maneuvering around Design Space. Please bring your laptop or iPad, with Design Space loaded, so you can get the feel of the program. If you don’t have a Cricut Machine but want to explore which machine will be best for you, this will be a great introduction and we can cover the differences between the machines. Click here to access the registration form for this class.
- Tuesday, April 19, from 6-7:30, the early childhood programs currently housed in the Ackerson Building (410 City Road) will be hosting an Open House for families interested in enrollment for the 2016-17 school year. These programs include Manchester Early Childhood Center (Preschool and Child Care), Manchester Cooperative Preschool and Manchester First Steps.
- Wednesday, April 20, from 4-7pm, Manchester Community Education will have a table at Klager’s Kindergarten Round Up with information about upcoming spring and summer classes/events.
The following week several after school programs will start a new session and there’s a new offering for adults as well:
- Little Ninjas and Kids Power will offer another introductory session beginning Monday, April 25. Please complete a general registration form for this class.
- Young Rembrandts is once again offering a 5-week ‘Power of Drawing’ class beginning Tuesday, April 26. Scroll down the after school offerings on their webpage to download the flyer.
- Gym America on Wheels is continuing with another 5-week session of Gymnastics for both elementary and preschool age children on Wednesday, April 27.
- And for the women in our community: Celebrate Mother’s Day a week early with a Do-It-Yourself Girls SPA Day with Essential Oils on Saturday, April 30 from 10am-Noon in the Ackerson Multi-Purpose room. Pamper yourself (or a special woman in your life) with products you can make yourself using essential oils. It’s easy to make healthy, non-toxic, chemical free beauty products right at home. Come spend a relaxing morning learning more about essential oils with easy recipes and guidance through the process of making: Relaxing bath/foot salts, Lemon sugar hand scrub, Feel Good Body Butter, Ache-Away After Workout Roll-On and Liquid Chill Roll-On. Preregister by April 28 for discounted $35 fee or register at the door for $40.
In May the area ambulance services are hosting a very special event for 4-7 year olds entitled Andy the Ambulance Learns to Call 9-1-1. They will be at Klager on Wednesday, May 4 from 5-6:30pm. Registration is limited to 30 children so register now at www.andycalls911.com!
Two summer camp programs are scheduled:
- Bricks 4 Kidz Summer LEGO Mania Camp will be held June 20-24 at Klager from 9am-Noon for children entering kindergarten – 7th grades. The full camp is $115 or you can register for a mini-camp experience (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) for just $70. Click here for the flyer or register at WWW.BRICKS4KIDZ.COM/390
- Manchester Safety Town for children entering kindergarten in Fall 2016 will be held August 15-19 from 8:30-11:30am. Safety Town is a program designed to teach many areas of personal safety to children. Students will learn traffic and bus safety as well as fire, seatbelt, stranger, water, gun, poison, and electrical safety. Children will learn about these important topics through special guests, stories, projects, songs, games, movies and excursions. Register NOW for the Early Bird Registration of $59; after May , registration is $69. Click here for the flyer/registration form.
If you have additional questions about any of these events, please contact Beckie Brewis at 428-9711 x1343 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.